Four years ago today, Sophie came into our world. My labor was intense.... really intense and I was in so much pain, I literally told Jay that I just wanted to die. Then Sophie was finally born and all of the pain just disappeared. I looked at this beautiful baby girl in my arms and immediately pictured the tea parties, dolls, and mother-daughter talks that our future now held and the tears started flowing.
Sophie has been all girl since day one. She loves everything pink, frilly and fancy. She loves to sing, dance and pretend. She is such a happy, outgoing, loving little girl.
I can't believe that she is four.. she will be starting preschool this year, making new friends, learning to write and slowly but surely starting to pull away from me. It is natural and it is expected but I have spent four years spending almost every single waking moment with this incredible child and it is going to be extremely hard to see her becoming so independent. But although I am scared for her to grow up, I am so unbelievably excited for the new experiences that getting older brings.
Sophie thank you for giving me the chance to experience mothering a little girl. Thank you for showing me that life isn't just about tractors, dirt and skateboards. Thank you for letting me play barbies, giving me a new love and appreciation for dandelions and teaching me that every girl is a princess at heart.
I love you more than you will ever understand, here's to another year of adventures!
Happy 4th Birthday sweet girl!
Love,
Mama
2 comments:
That picture makes her look so grown up! Happy Birthday Soph
that was the sweetest post i've ever read!
i hope she had a wonderful birthday!
Post a Comment